Been exploring new tech lately -one being drawing on the iPad3. While SXSW taught me a lot, and as I prepare to do the same for TedX, I still found myself questioning the logistics…oh, until the other night. Sitting in bed I thought “I’ll just draw the lantern that’s on the wall. No detail. Just alil’ still-life drama to test this pad’s performance.” Uhm, well, the new iPad3’s performance turned that lil’ exercise into a f*ck’n party. The responsiveness was sick compared to the iPad2 -plus the new resolution? It’s on now. I’ve got plans.
Here’s the illo…
…and below you’ll find the raw, .psd file generated by “Sketchbook Pro (iPad).” Check it out if you’re wondering about resolution, layering, file compatibility, or whatever.
> Download “Lantern” (.psd @ 2.5MB)
Here’s the Photoshop CS action mentioned in an up-coming tutorial series for coloring lineart. As shown, it takes a “grayscale” scan and divides it into three Layers:
- “Lineart” – Art preserved with alpha range from 5% to 100%
- “Color” – Beneath the “Lineart” layer and waiting color application.
- “Background” – The “paper” layer -or whatever you want to place in the background.
Download > “coloring lineart.atn” (4KB .atn)
From my phone to yours. Maybe.
- Pogo – “Joburg Jam” ( 0:05 loop @ 80KB > download .zip m4r )
- Herbaliser – “Mission Impossible” ( 0:05 loop @ 88KB > download .zip m4r )
- Thievery Corp. – “The Time We Lost Our Way” ( 0:05 loop @ 219KB > download .zip m4r )
- Selda Bagçan – “Yaz Gazeteci Yaz” ( 0:05 loop @ 60KB > download .zip m4r )
- Arcade Fire – “Wake Up” ( 0:04 loop @ 64KB > download .zip m4r )
Made a recent image into a desktop image and thought I’d share. Dig…
»Download “Cotton Weather” (1920 x 1200 .jpg @ 72 ppi / 562KB)
Been slowly adding more and more art to my place. Everything is excellent as is…but the random bits of art here ‘n there make it, as my eses say, “proper.” Example, here’s my (foam board) light switch cover…
…followed by what I call “cabinet art.”
See? Simple. For the kitchen, the goal is to create (G-rated) things I can easily color with markers and replace if necessary. Hence the coloring book style. So…wanna play with the above character? Download it here:
> Download “Spice Guy” – Cabinet Art (zipped / .ai CS4 format – 152KB)
Created this desktop late night. Which is something I do only, like, twice a year. The image is a composite of Christmas lights shot Bokeh-style through a canopy plus several layers of snowfall images. All were shot with a very old Nikon D70. The tiny copy relates to the “Price Equation” which is from something I’ve been researching a bit. Dig.
> Download “Price Desktop” (1920 x 1277, .jpg @ 2MB)